Friday, May 23, 2014

Did You Miss Me?


So...I just checked when I last wrote was and discovered it was 2 months ago! What a slacker! However, I looked back through my instagram feed and discovered that there is a reason I have been a blog slacker! Since the end of March we have been to The Green Dragon in Murfreesboro, The Ugly Pie in Gallatin, The Blushing Berry in Nolensville, JT Hannah's Kitchen, Johnny Carino's, and Big Daddy's Pizzeria in Pigeon Forge, and Toot's in Murfreesboro. We have been eat, sleep, and breathing softball and flag football. I taught several classes, Munchkin earned a Superior at Solo and Ensemble Fest. We went on a field trip to Beech Bend in Bowling Green where one of our charter buses lost a tire. My sweet friend Sara took me with her to see Wicked at TPAC. We did the Broadway Bounce downtown (you know me, if it is free we are there!). Bobby and I went and had a shooting lesson at the Nashville Armory. I did a 4 week Bible Study with my friends Laura and Melanie. Our little family spent Easter in Gatlinburg. We stayed at the Sidney James Mountain Lodge. It was dated but has a great pool and was fairly cheap. We hiked to Abram Falls in Cades Cove, we hunted Easter eggs at Patriot Park, we ate, we slept, and we went to the sunrise Easter service at Ober Gatlinburg.

It has been a crazy busy couple of months. I am looking forward to summer break though and the lack of busyness. No alarms, freedom to cook without stressing about our schedule, and time with my kiddos, hubby, and friends, here we come!!

1 comment:

homeschoolmommy said...

Ha, summer...lack of busyness? What's that? I was just putting all of our stuff on the calender. For us it's going to be crazy busy, but crazy fun. Bowling, swimming, rock climbing, pottery classes, script writing classes, library programs, bike rides, hikes. We are scheduled to the top. It's nice the kids are both old enough to be on the teen reading program.