Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Great Tennessee Airshow Pt 2

I know, I know, it has been a few days in between posts about the airshow and I have a post about cooking club and our trip the beach brewing. :) Who doesn't love the Blue Angels? Like I said in the last post I remember seeing the Blue Angels when I was about 10 at Mir Mar. I loved that experience so much that I even joined JAROTC my freshman year in high school because I was convinced I was going to fly airplanes.
One of the coolest parts of seeing the show, in my humble opinion, is seeing the vapor trails forming on the plane as they speed by. I am pretty sure this was one of the sneak passes.
It is amazing to me that the pilots can fly these planes so close together in these formations.

And of course I know, they are farther apart than then look but they are still pretty darn close to each other!

I was not able to get all 6 planes in this shot but four was pretty good.
These last three are my some of my favorite shots from the day. Bobby says the one below shows that one of the pilots may have made a mistake. See the two in the bottom right? They seem to be awfully close to each other for a cloudburst.
This is the last shot of the day.
Outside of a little rain at the beginning of the day, and the torrential downpour about 20 minutes after we got out of the parking lot the weather was perfect for the airshow. I much prefer the cloudy skies and wearing a sweatshirt to 120 degrees on the tarmac. Next year you need to go with us! :)

No comments: