Saturday, January 01, 2011

2010 Blog Recap

So last year I met Ree Drummond aka Pioneer Woman at Davis Kidd in Green Hills. While I was there I also met Jessie aka Vanderbilt Wife. I started reading her blog and found out about the Blog roundup that Jo-Lynne from Musings of a Housewife does each year. All that to say, this is my 2010 Blog Carnival Recap. :) I will be sharing the first line of the first blog post from each month...and perhaps some commentary along with it.
January:
Dear Munchkin,
Tonight you accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior!


Wow, OK, already in tears on this one. That was the best way to start out 2010! :)


February:
We finally got around to building a snowman yesterday. And of course by we I mean Bobby with a little help from the kids. :)


March:
Today's recipe though is a spot of sunshine on an otherwise sleety day. The coconut makes me think of summer and that is something I needed this week. :)


I am kind of cheating on this one. The first line is like many of my other posts so this is actually the first line of the second paragraph.


April:
The last week and the last month have been a blur. There has been a lot going on but I haven't been quite as stressed as I normally am.
Fun and not so fun moments from this week:



What can I say? I love this post. It is so where were were in April last year!


May:
So, we have had record rainfall in the last few days. 10 inches where we are and 15 inches downtown and the rain is not stopping. I have been at scrap retreat and kind of disconnected from the real world. Both nights were rough with storms.


Remember all the flooding in Tennessee in May? That is what this one is all about.


June:
It is Tuesday and another week with Tuesdays with Dorie. When I say there are bakers from all over the world I am not kidding! Today's recipe was chosen by Marthe from the Netherlands.


I made the brownies in that post for my friend, Angela's, going away party. They moved to Georgia. :(


July:
Daddy, I have some bad news!
This phrase, with some good timing, was uttered by my daughter tonight as she launched into Party in the USA.


The kids still use this line on their daddy as they launch into the song. :) I did NaBloPoMo in July so there are lots of posts from that month, including one where I won a pie baking contest! That was fun!


August:
Last weekend we took an extremely fast  trip to my annual family reunion.


Surprisingly, not a post about the family reunion but actually about the Brickyard 400 that we went to on the way home from the family reunion. :)


September:
This weeks Tuesdays with Dorie recipe was chosen by Donna of Life's too short not to eat dessert first. Even with a measuring tape and a pizza roller I cannot cut a straight line! 


mmm espresso chocolate shortbread.


October:
It is with a very sad and heavy heart that I write this post tonight. On Sunday I saw a friends post on Facebook that said Mike had been missing from Ft. Bragg CA since last Monday.


As an update to that post in October. Mike was found. The family posted this message on November 10th:
Hi Everyone. Many of you have already heard, but the family wants to let everyone know that we recovered Mike very close to where he fell. Based on the investigation and evidence recovered with Mike, the Sheriff believes he fell while taking a shoe off or putting it back on.

This is a horrible time for all of us who knew and loved my brother. Thank you to everyone in this group for your incredible support, without which we couldn't get through this.

Keep Mike's smile and laugh in your hearts. We will miss him forever.



November:
This is the first year my husband has participated in No Shave November. It is a lot like every other month only this time he decided to shave he beard off to have the same start as the rest of the guys in the office.


A couple of cute photos of my hubs in this post. :)


December:
I think across the United States schools celebrate the 100th day of school with Kindergarten.


This is actually about the 70th day of school , an MRI on my leg and the chocolate chip cookies I walked out of the doctors office with. :)


2010 was quite a year. I hope this year is as full as last year! :)

No comments: