Tuesday, July 27, 2010

{TWD} Chewy, Chunky Blondies


It is Tuesday once again and people around the world are baking from Dorie Greenspan's Baking from My Home to Yours. This week we baked Chewy, Chunky Blondies chosen by Nicole of Cookies on Friday. Make sure to check out her blog for the recipe and her lovely photos. Thanks Nicole for choosing this scrumptious recipe. :) Check out the Leave your Link post to see how the other bakers fared with this recipe.

I am glad I read the P's and Q's this week. Many people had issues with this not baking completely in the middle. I upped the oven temp to 350 from 325 and baked them for 30 minutes instead of 40. They were not quite done so I let them bake the rest of the time and a couple more minutes for good measure. They came out non-jiggly and quite tasty. I left out coconut and put in bittersweet chips, toffee pieces and walnuts (anyone who knows me should know that I despise nuts in my brownies, I mean why ruin something delicious with nuts? blech!). I chose to add the walnuts and leave out the coconut for my hubby and daughter. He would have liked the coconut but she would not have. I took 16 brownies with me to my class of 9 and came home with 1.
My students liked them a lot and they turned out to be good comfort food for the storm going on outside the window.
This is on the short list of recipes I will definitely make again. :)
Go make these now!

15 comments:

chocolatechic said...

I almost baked these at 350ยบ.

I wonder if it was a typo in the book.

cindy said...

I also baked at 350. Good treats!

Leslie said...

Yummy! I'm going to try them again at 350 (not that they weren't great at 325). Your look great! I love the combination of mix ins you used.

Clivia said...

I'd like to try these with bittersweet chocolate. More of an adult treat.
I used a glass pan, so stuck with 325 but gave them an extra 20 minutes.

Nickki said...

You have very lucky students! I loved these blondies :-)

Valerie said...

These were a bit tricky as far as their baking time, but I'm not one to complain about gooey blondies. :D
Yours look delicious!

Cristine said...

So glad you liked them! They look great!

Katrina said...

Loved these blondies. Yours look perfect. I would have liked nuts and coconut, but left both out this time. I love that these are so versatile.

Now, for catching up on your blog, my reader says I have 17 unread posts of yours. Sigh! Sorry. I'm hoping to get caught back up and not be such a blog reading slacker!

sarahe said...

they look perfect!

Lauryn said...

Your blondies look delicious! So glad everyonee enjoyed them! These are my absolute fave!

Susan said...

Great looking blondies!! These were dangerously delicious! :)

TeaLady said...

Those look like serious delicious eats. These were amazing.

Piggy said...

I baked at 325 deg F and I think that's why mine sank in the middle. Your blondies look really yummy though!

Shandy said...

Great brownies and I am glad to hear I was not the only one with having trouble with the baking times. Love your add-ins for the brownie recipe.

Nicole said...

I baked mine a little longer too and I was glad that I did. Yours look really nice and I'm glad you could add whatever add-ons you wanted. Thanks for baking with me this week.