Wednesday, April 14, 2010

4..3...2...1....the countdown's on

     I have been working at a local University since November of 2008. I went in kicking and screaming and whining and crying because I did not want to leave my babies. The time had come though where I needed to make more money than I could selling Pampered Chef (great product, I just was not very good at selling it).
I have a masters degree and beat out 15 other people for the front desk "receptionist" postion at said school. Now, this is not a bad job and I like the students and the people I work with but it is not a job that made me happy. Yes, it helped pay the bills and I am thankful for that but I felt like I needed to be doing more.
     In April of last year I began teaching at the University and found something that I love to do. We have been able to pay off some debt (not really because of my job) and the time has come for me to teach, be home with my children and pursue a photography business. Tomorrow will be my last day feeling like I say all day "Dunder Mifflin, this is Karen"!
     Please pray the transistion will be an easy one. I am nervous but so much more excited than anything. My heart is at home with my children and I am so happy to be going back home with them!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

I'm so excited and happy for you Karen. I'm also looking forward to being able to talk to you once in a while again.
Love ya

Katrina said...

Yay for you!

rtfgvb766 said...

IS VERY GOOD..............................