Tuesday, November 03, 2009

{TWD} Sugar Topped Molassas Spice Cookies

and Day 3 of NaBloPoMo where I blog every day for the month of November.
Thank you to Pamela of Cookies with Boys for choosing Sugar-Topped Molasses Spice Cookies.

This month, due to Thanksgiving we are allowed to bake and post out of order. These don't come up until November 17th but the recipe will be posted then. Make sure to check out Pamela's blog for her pretty pictures and her fun posts.

You know when you have those months where everything is paycheck to paycheck and you have to cut some things out? Well, expensive ingredients are on the cut list for the moment. You most likely have all of the ingredients for these delicious cookies in your well stocked cupboard already. I left out the ginger since my ground ginger has mysteriously disappeared and we didn't have the dough to head to the store.

I do have a confession to make though.....I haven't actually baked these yet. However, the dough is to die for. I whipped up the dough in no time last night and stuck it in the freezer. I could have eaten most of the dough by myself. I made my husband smell the dough since he is not a dough eater. He is all weird about the raw egg things...this one only has one egg in it. How much salmonella could there be? He said he would taste them when they were baked into yumminess. I also wonder how many times I can use dough in a paragraph. I write good....

So, my dough is now hanging out in the fridge, it is 7:30 pm and I am at work. I may bake them tonight when I get home at 10:30 or they may wait until Thursday. I am working all day tomorrow and teaching tomorrow night. That's OK, with our burned out fridge light bulbs I think the dough will like hanging out with the milk and cheese for another couple of days.

I did take pictures of the dough and the picture in the book though so you can see what the cookies are supposed to look like. And I may even post a picture once they are baked.


These are a yummy fall cookie and I will definitely be making them again. So, visit Pam's blog for the recipe or you can buy the book Baking from My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan.

5 comments:

Susan said...

I love raw cookie dough, and cake batter and haven't (knock on wood) gotten sick from either. Darn, I only used dough once (twice now) in this paragraph! :D

Katrina said...

It's late, my eyes are blurry, and I read what you wrote, but kept seeing the picture of cookies and wondering how you got a picture of some of the cookies. Duh. I just realized in my blur it's the picture of the picture in the book! I need to go nite nite! ;)

I can't wait to make these.

Debbie said...

You fooled me too with the picture of the cookies. I thought they were baked by you. Lookin good!

pinkstripes said...

They are yummy! Can't wait for you to bake them.

Pamela said...

Oh, I hope you enjoyed them. These really are easy to make and most of us will have everything on hand. My second batch of this just came out of the oven. So yummy! Thanks for baking with me!