Tuesday, March 10, 2009

{TWD} Lemon Cup Custard

I would love to give this recipe 2 thumbs up but alas I gave in and did not make it. I read all of the comments about it over on the TWD site and couldn't stomach making it. It didn't help that my sweet hubby was sitting next to me making a gag face.

The comments were all along the lines of "this is really eggy" "it is kind of like flan" "it was really eggy". So...not my favorite. Give me Creme Brulee anyday of the week but not flan.

I'm sorry Bridget that I did not make this. She has the recipe on her site so if you do like this kind of recipe please give it a try. Don't let my Debbie Downer deter you. :)

*oh yeah, and I don't have a strainer so I wouldn't be able to strain the lemon out. When I can buy a strainer I will but that wasn't this month.

12 comments:

pinkstripes said...

Too bad you didn't make it. See you next week.

Jodie said...

You didn't miss anything! :)

n.o.e said...

Mine was actually much more like creme brulee but it was probably the duck eggs? The yogurt cake is yummy, btw.
Nancy

Flourchild said...

No worries you didn't miss much! I hope your day is wonderful!

Cathy said...

Not my favorite either. I hope you love next week's lemon yogurt cake (I sure did!) See you next week!

Katrina said...

To each his own. Glad you saved on milk and eggs. ;) Even lemon pudding would have been good, but give me chocolate any day!

bakingwiththeboys said...

When you are getting the gag face before it is even in the oven it probably is a good idea to skip it. See you back next week.

Lillian said...

I didn't make it either. Better luck next week!

Melissa said...

Good choice to sit out this week! I'm looking forward to next week's cake.

karen said...

this would probably be an easy recipe to just make one or two servings out of if you do eventually get up the nerve. :) it was an interesting one.

AmyRuth said...

I can't wait to make the cake next week. How about you? I'll bet it will be a winner with your crew.
BTW... go grab a cup of coffee with your girlfriends. That would be fun.
Thanks for stopping by and sharing your kindness.
AmyRuth

Jess said...

I prefer the creme brulee type of custard myself, too - I'm glad I tried this, even though it wasn't my favorite - I think the coffee version might have been better.