Thursday, January 08, 2009

Narnia will never be the same....

*Thanks for the title Kacey!

Yesterday started out like any other. Baths, breakfast, your basic everyday getting out the door stuff. My sweet little Munchkin was saying some morning prayers in the backseat when out of my peripheral vision I saw a fairly large animal running down the hill toward my car. I was going about 35 MPH and there was no way I could stop before the animal got to us.

All of a sudden there was a speed bump under my right rear tire.
"Oh , no!!! I just hit a beaver!" are the words that escaped my lips. Munchkin got a very worried expression on her face and said "Oh no, he was probably going to cut down another tree!!! I hope he is OK!!"
Little Man said nothing but usually laughs when we go over big bumps like that.

I looked in my rear view mirror and saw the animal run to the other side of the road. No, it was not rolling from being hit!
I am not sure how it survived and upon reflection I think it was a groundhog not a beaver. I don't remember seeing a large flat tale flash across the road. I hope it is OK.....

1 comment:

Montee said...

I've hit squirrels before and earned the name "Squirrel Killer." I felt terrible. I have a surprise for you on my blog.