Thursday, August 21, 2008

Shhh...It's a secret


Photo by Joel Anderson



Or maybe it's not such a secret. Today was one of those days when I had to run to the store because of this one item I forgot. I have been a Secret girl for as long as I can remember. I dabbled with Degree and some other hoity toity natural brand that just leaves you stinky and arm pit ringed. This is the Antiperspirant/Deodorant that works best for me.

I have been using the platinum line for quite some time now. When I went to the store today there was a new line for $1 more. The Platinum line has now been converted to that weird gel stuff and the new "Flawless Touch" line, I am fairly certain, is the old platinum line.

Thank you secret for changing your packaging to include a flower shape for me to push the deodorant through. That will make my morning routine so much better! Especially paying $1 more for the pretty little flower.

Can I also say, thank you for not making the Shower Fresh Fragrance in the Flawless Touch line (only velvetly violet and orangy tangerine and vanilla latte...or something of the sort). I did see it in the new platinum weird gel line. That's ok, I guess I will go back to Powder Fresh. Some guy in high school told me he liked my perfume when I was wearing that one.

So, it's not a secret that Secret has changed it's packaging and raised it's prices AGAIN. I did flirt with the notion of checking out Degree again. Of course, Hannah Montana on the outside of one of theirs didn't win me over.

4 comments:

Kacey said...

does that mean I'm going to lose my Secret Platinum Kuku Coco Butter? That could be a problem.

Karen said...

I don't remember seeing that..but I wasn't looking for it either. :)

Tracy Bro said...

Okay, that made me laugh out loud. Especially when you describe that lovely little flower that will new brighten your morning routine. What is with the new weird smells? I don't want someone to lick my armpit. What happened to the good old "clean" smells?

Montee said...

I have to agree with this one. I always used Secret Platinum and then all of a sudden, back in June, I could only find it in that gel stuff. I went ahead and bought it but it does not work as well and the person deciding on those scents must have been sniffing something! I also used the Shower Fresh. My daughter uses it too and we also figured that the Platinum name has changed to the Flawless. Why do companies always think they are changing things for the better? Just stick with the stuff that works, pleeease!