Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Everyone has a story.

To finish my Masters of Education at APU I had to do a Capstone Project. It was entitled Music of the Soul and one of the big topics in it was that everyone has a story. That was something I was passionate about. I wanted to talk to people and just hear all about them. I wanted to know where they came from, what their background was, why they were the way they were. I still want to know those things but I feel like I have become completely self absorbed in the last few years. Not so much self absorbed but family and circumstance absorbed. There has been so much going on with us I haven't been the friend that I would like to be. I have not had the time/energy/gall to ask the questions I would like.

Working with college students was a perfect place to be able to ask the questions I wanted and get amazing answers. Who knew that the quiet kid on the 3rd row had been to 13 countries and spoke 3 languages? Or that the boisterous girl in the class had once been terribly shy but got over it through being in drama or marching band.

I want to know your story and if I ask questions that seem odd I hope you will give thoughtful honest answers so I can get to know you and what you are all about.

No comments: